VHN Puck Links
Canucks Daily: VAN Hockey Drill Enthusiasts, Burkie Pumps his ‘New’ NHL Club
For those of you who can’t get enough of this stuff, and Canucks fans who are just curious to see it, I uploaded and tweeted (at @simmerpuck) three Canucks practice drill videos on Monday night on our ‘Simmerpuck’ youtube page.
– Vasily Podkolzin snipes top shelf during a 2-on-0 drill. Collin Delia is the goalie.
– Canucks one-handed stickhandling drill. Uncomfortable looking.
– A full rink drill with stickhandling and shots. Arturs Silovs is the goalie in the latter two videos.
Feel free to subscribe to the youtube channel if you’re a video puck enthusiast, it’s utterly and completely free. Thank you. In the meantime …
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Brian Burke — hard to believe it’s 23 years since his Sedin’s NHL Draft efforts and the twins are two months from becoming Hockey Hall of Famers — said the Penguins are better today than they were against the New York Rangers in the postseason. Burkie explains why. Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Hockey Now lads in western Pennsylvania also spoke with former NHLer Matt Cullen about Pittsburgh head coach Mike Sullivan, and throw in a little chatter on Zach Aston-Reese and Brian Boyle, former Penguins UFA talk.
– Montreal Hockey Now: The early Calder Trophy odds for NHL rookie-of-the-year do not favour the first overall pick. Will 4th-overall pick Shane Wright have the last laugh this season or will it be Juraj Slafkovsky.
– Vegas Hockey Now: Vegas long ago lost the Marc-Andre Fleury trade; what were the real repercussions of the deal. Vegas Golden Knights.
– Detroit Hockey Now: A Russian coach is wanting 44-year-old Pavel Datsyuk to return to the Kontinental Hockey League for the Avtomobilist club. Mostly a joke, but then again, the magic man and former Detroit Red Wings star hasn’t made any retirement declarations.
More follow-up and info today on the Canucks and the signing of JT Miller as both the player and General Manager Patrik Allvin will be separately chatting with the media Tuesday morning.
Have a delightful week!